Music Video

Website

Monday, December 10, 2018

Post 3: The ASA BCAP Code

I researched this in order to understand what i could and couldn't do or present in the product, to avoid any offence. And prevent having to change anything post production due to this.


Rules that I found relevant to my project...
It has to be recognized as an advert.

Shouldn’t be harmful or offensive, physical or mental, especially children under 18. E.g. no safety hazards, efforts to stop bullying

Have to be socially responsible when representing cars

No distressing images, sensitive people are watching

It can’t be misleading

Can’t hide important info

Shouldn’t make claims they can’t evidence e.g health claims

Shouldn’t encourage or condone poor nutritional habits

shouldn’t condone/encourage excessive consumption of food.

Can’t advertise alcohol to under 18

Those above rules have been very useful for me as I have a much clearer view on what is allowed, and this has given me a simple checklist of what to make sure any ideas I have follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment