Music Video

Website

Monday, December 10, 2018

Post 2: Channel 4

I researched this post in order to understand the shows on the channel, the scheduling that suits the target audience and the type of ads shown to the audience. This allowed me to understand the brand values and their audiences and methods to appeal to them, especially how they reach the youth audiences and which channels are best for this, in order to construct my adverts around the channel.

What I learnt included...

Channel 4's remit:
1. shine light on stories not told elsewhere
2. to innovate and take creative risks
3. Inspire change in the way we lead our lives
4. Stand up for diversity across the UK

Regulator:
Ofcom

Shows:
large variety of shows, with many intended to engage a predominantly younger audience, which is a larger cross over with our audience.
The Simpsons, Hunted
The Great British Bake off broadcast in the 7pm to 9pm weekday prime time slot. Gaining a regular 10 million viewers. I will place my adverts here as it is one of the largest shows on the channel and is something that has a large target audience also crossing over with mine. Not only for the show, but also the slot is the prime weekday time, which is very useful as my audience has a large difference is down time, and the prime time slot is the most likely time they will watch television, therefore ensuring my adverts have a large reach.
Adverts screened around these times tend to have an alternative feel, and are generally innovate and take risks, following on from the Channel 4 remit.
I will schedule my adverts around that prime time spot, linking to Bake off as well.

This research was very useful as it allowed me to come up with ideas for my advert that link to channel 4, as well as find appropriate times to place them.

No comments:

Post a Comment