Music Video

Website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 9: My Website and Social Media Pages

Researching existing website and social media pages and designing my own

 The artist whose website and social media I  decided to research was Khalid. As I said earlier, the internet is very important for music artists to grow. Khalid's website and Instagram are a perfect example of how pop artists have  used the platforms to present themselves and their creations.

Khalid's website features a very interesting style, with unusual colour combinations and an overall design that represents his brand and new album title 'free spirit'. The website possesses the music video, ways to buy/stream the music, tour dates, merchandise and social media; all of which are typical conventions of a music artists website. However Khalid also posses an extra video on his website - his 'free spirit' film trailer. This is a  unique aspect of his website that differs it from others, in terms of what is conventionally shown on a website. The style of his website also sets him apart as, especially at the top of the website, the layering of text, image and background create an eye catching and interesting home page.


As I've said Khalid made use of the common conventions like merch, tour and music, but he also links in his social media page. I found that by looking at his Instagram I learnt a lot more about him as a person, this is because the content on his social media is more personal and about him.Therefore his fans can learn more about him as a person rather than just seeing him as the face behind the music.


My website will have a distinct colour scheme. I will have alternating brown and black stripes with different content and images of my artist. On the first page I will have a tour date page with three different kinds of tickets; ticket, VIP, and Meet and Greet. By having these three tiers I will be able to appeal to an audience who want to spend more to be 'special'. This idea of being special will further my artists fanbase. I also plan to include merchandise. This allows my artist's fans to buy items that show they are part of the artist's fan group, and have a community. In regard to the music that is presented on the website, I will have both links to online streaming of the music, as well as physical copies; both vinyl and cd.

On the second page I will include a behind the scenes video to offer an extra look at how the video was filmed, looking at the professional studio set. This second page will also feature my brand tie in with UNIQLO, which will allow the audience to see my artists style. Not only will my pages possess social media links for the audience to click and navigate to the second page will have an Instagram live feed, this will connect my website to further content for my audience to interact with. I will use my Instagram page as a news page, as presenting news style announcements is very appropriate for instagram. The social media community will also be able to like and comment on the images. This idea of community is also going to be seen through the comment box I put on the website, that allows my artist and the fans to interact with each other. Having all of these features that allow the audience to interact with and buy into my artist and the brand is very important for spreading my artist across the internet. Like Khalid, I also plan to add some extra videos, which will allow the audience to see more of how my artist will act.





No comments:

Post a Comment