Music Video

Website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 1: The UK Music Industry



Welcome readers!  In this series of posts, I will be investigating the UK music industry with a focus on...

This series is made up of posts where we will explore:

  1. The UK Music Industry
  2. The Role of the Internet in the Music Industry
  3. Regulation in the Music Industry
  4. The Pop Music Genre
  5. My Target Audience
  6. My Chosen Track
  7. My Pop Artist or Band
  8. My Music Video
  9. My Website and Social Media Pages
  10. My Production Review

I investigated the UK music industry in order to gain an understanding of the industry's context in order to allow me to develop my music artist and project. In particular I researched Sony Music in order to see what existing artists are signed with them.


The 3 biggest groups in the music industry are:
Image result for sony music logo
Image result for universal music logo
Image result for warner music logo







All 3 are USA based but own over 100 subsidiary record labels and sub labels around the world accounting for almost every market niche.

Sony Music research:

Sony Music Entertainment is a major American music conglomerate owned by Sony Corporation America as part of the Sony Entertainment subsidiary. Sony Corporation America is a subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Sony.

As stated on Sony Music's about page:


These artists were key figures for me to research in order to help me create my artist. My research into the industry in general helped me to get a better understanding of the industry behind the content that we listen to every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment