Music Video

Website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 5: My Target Audience

Research into my target audience

My target audience is 'fun loving 16-25 year old's'.

By investigating their habits I am able to understand what is the best content of music video for them.


From this pie chart we can see that the most common listening time is 2 hours.
By further developing my understanding of the target audiences habits and preferences, I am better able to plan how best to present my music. By including not only a video, but options to stream, then I can increase the amount of time or amount of views my track will get. As of this 2 hours, not all will be spent watching the music video.




By looking at this graph, I am able to investigate
how the audience views their content. With the largest proportion viewing their content through video streaming, we can see that the music videos are the best way my artist to appeal to them as it is their preferred method of viewing.

There is also a large proportion of those who listen by audio streaming, both paid and unpaid, which indicates that music streaming services like spotify are also essential for appealing to the audience


Also a large part of the audience likes to stay even more up to date and connected to the artist. As such they will buy merchandise and tour tickets. The audience enjoys being able to support the audience either live at a concert or through buying and wearing clothes to associate themselves with their favoured artists.

This idea of wanting to stay up to date is also reflected through how they follow an artists social media, searching for extra content and information about the artists. They are also able to directly show their support or leave statements that the artist may see.

Therefore through my research into the target audience I have created a list of features that I should include in order to make my pop artist suit the target audience. This includes: social media, merchandise, tour dates and music that can be either watched or streamed (music on multiple platforms). The audiences desire for more content via platforms such as social media means that I plan to construct a consistent star identity for my artist; I will make him relatable but also a figure to aspire towards. This will allow me to draw in the target audience to my artist and any products that go with him.

As a large number of the target audience view songs as  video streaming, I believe it is very important to create a music video that will appeal to them. Therefore my music video will have relatable characters and a story that talks about a modern context for the audience; I will cover the issue of judgement and popularity on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment