Music Video

Website

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post 6: My Chosen Track

Planning which track to perform

When I was choosing my track I had two main options:




Mike Posner's
Cooler than me
Released 2010 on his album '31 Minutes to take off'







5 Seconds of Summer
Youngblood
Released 2018








In the end I chose Mike  Posner's Cooler Than Me as when planning, I had a clearer idea of  what I wanted to do for the music video, and how to interpret the lyrics.

I chose to take a more direct interpretation, with me presenting a typical song about relationships and chasing a girl.

I felt that creating a video for this type of song would fit well as a pop song and would appeal to my target audience.

Choosing this song also made it a lot easier when deciding how to create my artist as I interpreted that as an artist Mike is confident, which is an aspect I will reflect in my artist through his enjoyment of fame and bling.






I rejected Youngblood as the song sounded more contemporary and the lyrics gave a less direct meaning than Cooler Than Me. The more abstract style of the song was not something I felt as strongly about as my chosen track. My image also fit better with the voice of Cooler than me than Youngblood.


No comments:

Post a Comment